Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Light blogging

Read this post which will explain in large part why I've been silent lately. We just celebrated the Third Sunday of Easter and still, I'm exhausted.

Easter music at our parish was pretty simple, the Latin Propers chanted. The Alleluia was a setting by Henry Purcell. The Postlude was a Corelli string quartet. Our choir was diminished because of illnesses. So the decision to go with the proper music of the Mass was a painless one. But Holy Week starting with Palm Sunday was pretty intense. We added Tenebrae on the schedule. I counted how many Masses and services (Tenebrae and Good Friday) that I play between Palm Sunday and Easter. Fourteen. That included a three-hour Easter Vigil and a Missa Cantata Easter Day. Then Divine Mercy Sunday was not a Low Sunday by any means. Our diocesan schola came to our principal Novus Ordo Mass and stayed for the chanted Divine Mercy Chaplet and ending with a Low Mass EF, which was full of beautiful music.

On top of it, I've not had a full weekend off from work since the first of June. Yes, I'm totally burned out.

Oh, and did I mention that I also teach RCIA?

2 comments:

thedivinelamp said...

Sounds like you need to decrease the font size of the "Just Ask Me, I'll do It" sign tattooed on your forehead.

Argent said...

LOL. You think 8 point will be small enough? Maybe I should've chosen invisible ink.