Saturday, March 13, 2010

In the Desert


I've found that the detachment from blogging has helped in learning recollection, the one thing missing from my previous years' observation of Lent. The focus on what I had given up and struggling with the temptations took on disproportionate energy to the actual learning to love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

So apologies for the light blogging. There is always the conviction by the Holy Spirit that much of this blogging can be vainglorious, appealing to one's need for validation. But the "putting our minds on things above" really is the One Needful Thing.

God bless you on your continuing Lenten journey. See you on the other side of Easter.

2 comments:

evanscove said...

Be blessed as well during Lent. Various and sundry things can easily interfere with our Lenten endeavors (as they certainly have for me...)! I hope all is well with you and yours. Know that you're in my prayers!

Evan

rah4GOD said...

Came across your blog today, and it was such an encouragement. GOD bless!