Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blog silence

Well, it's been a week since I've posted last. Real Life has been quite challenging. Nothing bad, just work, family, church, and the March for Life. I'll probably Tweet from there as I did last year.

40 Days for Life begins in just a few weeks. Once more to the breach....

I'm terribly behind in chronicling what music we've been doing at my parish. I'm trying to teach in a subtle way another Ordinary setting for the Novus Ordo Masses. The Kyrie and Sanctus from Mass IX, Cum jubilo have been the source material for improvisations at preludes, offertories, communion, and postludes. I've been so busy with teaching duties that I haven't had the time necessary to sit down to learn organ works.

Since Mr. Gore and the Climate Change crowd have receded a bit in the background, a warming trend has come our way, thawing out the ponds that have uncharacteristically frozen over. This is the South, mind you. There's something strange about seeing wintering birds scooting across frozen ponds....cranes gingerly walking across ice.

Politically, things hang in a balance by a thin thread. Madness has taken over our elected officials who seem to have found a liking to absolute power. I never thought I'd see the day when fellow Americans strut across the stage like Little Bonapartes...Pelosi, Reid, Frank, and Obama.

Hope and change, how cynical those words sound now, tarnished by a year's worth of political ram rodding.

How long, O Lord?

3 comments:

thedivinelamp said...

Watching ducks trying to land on the frozen canal is always fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igP4bQZGSEs

Argent said...

LOLOL! I admit to clicking on the other videos. Admittedly they skate on ice better than I do.

thedivinelamp said...

I love ice skating. Our town used to flood the Veteran's Memorial Playfield and hire high school students to work it, playing music and making sure kids behaved themselves. Unfortunately, a lawyer got elected mayor and suddenly there were "legal concerns."