Monday, December 07, 2009

Sigh

...checking the liturgical calendar....Feast of Epiphany transferred to Jan 3rd. Sad, sad, sad. Epiphany is on the 3rd, but the weekdays following are styled "Christmas weekday"...try to make sense out of that! I like the Old Calendar so much better. What happened to the beautiful feasts of the Circumcision, the Holy Name of Jesus, and the Holy Family in January??? Grrrrr....It may not seem like a big deal to y'all, but some of us have to juggle the two calendars and it's a job, let me tell you. For instance, the past year, we celebrated Christ the King twice...and I thoroughly dislike the Sundays after Epiphany and after Pentecost called "Ordinary Time". I know what Ordinary means, but still. It doesn't take that much longer to say "First Sunday after Epiphany" than to say "First Sunday in Ordinary Time". I have a point of reference with Epiphany and Pentecost. Ordinary Time isn't as tangible. Know what I mean?

No comments: