Saturday, December 05, 2009

Music for the Second Sunday of Advent

...Ordinary Form:

Processional hymn: Comfort, Comfort Ye My People; except in Worship III, it's Comfort O My People. Sigh! (tune: Geneva)
Introit: People of Sion--Fr. Columba Kelly
Kyrie: Orbis Factor
Psalm Responsory: The Lord has done great things for us--R. Rice
Offertory: City of God, Jerusalem (tune: Purpose)
Offertory Verse: Will you not, O God--Fr. Arbogast
Sanctus: from Mass XVIII
Agnus Dei: from Mass XVIII
Lord's Prayer: chant
Communion Verse: Rise up, Jerusalem--Fr Kelly
Communion hymn: Let All Mortal Flesh
Communion music: Veni Redemptor Gentium--Ambrosian chant
Recessional hymn: Savior of the Nations, Come (tune: Nun Komm Der Heiden Heiland)

I've started a Google Wave of liturgical music that I'm sharing with Aristotle. Email me if you want to be part of this sharing project. I tried it on Facebook last year, but it wasn't too successful.

Right now, I'm working on Missa Cantata folder for Immaculate Conception (Byrd, Elgar, Arcadelt in addition to chant Propers) and trying to set the Christmas Proclamation to Gregorian chant in Latin. Last year, I hastily took the Latin text from the Martyrology and set it to neumes. I need to edit it. The vernacular was taken from Fr. Samuel Weber.

No comments: