Saturday, November 28, 2009

New Year's Eve

...liturgically speaking. This Sunday's Propers:

Introit: Ad te levavi animam meam: Deus meus in te confido, non erubescam: necque irrideant me inimici mei: etenim universi qui te exspectant, non confundentur. Ps. Vias tuas, Domine, demonstra mihi: et semitas tuas edoce me.

To you, my God, I lift my soul, I trust in you; let me never come to shame. Do not let my enemies laugh at me. No one who waits for you is ever put to shame.

Gradual: Univérsi, qui te exspéctant, non confundéntur, Dómine. ℣. Vias tuas, Dómine, notas fac mihi: et sémitas tuas édoce me.

All they, that wait on Thee, shall not be confounded, O Lord. ℣. Show, O Lord, Thy ways to me: and teach me Thy paths.

Offertory: Ad te Domine levavi animam meam: Deus meus, in te confido, non erubescam: necque irrideant me inimici mei: etenim universi qui te exspectant, non confundentur.

Unto you, O Lord, have I lifted up my soul; O my God, I trust in you, let me not be put to shame; do not allow my enemies to laugh at me; for nonw of those who are awaiting you will be disappointed.

Communion:
Dominus dabit benignitatem: et terra nostra dabit fructum suum.

The Lord will give goodness: and our earth shall yield her fruit.

Happy New Year!

No comments: