Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Worship Aids, Catholic Style

In response to a previous post on a local firm making worship films to aid worship services, here are some worship aids, Catholic style from my own photo library.


Apse, Basilica of San Clemente, Rome (my favorite non-patriarchal basilica). Ponder that! This is my computer wallpaper and it never loses its freshness. It was dark in the nave, so the ISO setting was high. I didn't have a tripod because a lot of the churches in Rome forbade tripods. A tube of lipstick came to my aid.


Apse, Santa Maria in Trastevere. Simply beautiful. Tube of lipstick again came in handy.


Mitre, Cathedral of Sant'Andrea, Amalfi, Italy (where St. Andrew is buried)



Chalice, Sant'Andrea, Amalfi


Incense boat, (get the pun?), Burgos Cathedral, Castile y León, Spain


Rose Window, León Cathedral, Castile y León, Spain


Side altar, Cathédral Notre-Dame des Doms, Avignon, France


Retablo, Mayor Capilla, Burgos Cathedral, Spain.


Melrose Abbey, Melrose, Scotland. Ruin of Cistercian Abbey founded by King David I. Greatly defaced during the ReDeformation

There's a lot more, but you get the idea. But I'm sure all this just goes to prove that Catholics are idolaters. (NOT!)

No comments: