Saturday, February 07, 2009

Abp. Rowan Calls....

....for more, are you ready for this? I bet you'll be surprised. No, really. Ruth Gledhill reports:
The Archbishop of Canterbury has criticised churches that have too many events on their noticeboards.

Churches should concentrate less on activities and more on "praying" he said at a service in Egypt, where is chairing the meeting of the Primates of the Anglican Communion.
He was speaking to a meeting of Primates of the Anglican Communion.
When you looked at that church you would have thought, what a lot of things they do there. But I'm still wondering if anyone ever asked, does God do things here? It seemed to be just a slight risk that there was hardly any room in the week for God to find his way in among all these activities."
He does have a point. Where is God in all the doing? And then he also criticized people who back-stab and undermine each other:
"The person sitting next to me praying next to me is someone in whom Jesus is praying. I try to listen to the voice of Jesus at prayer in them. I try to see the force and energy of Jesus's life in them," he said.

"And when I try to dismiss them or make little of them when I speak harshly to them or about them I am in danger of destroying that place which is a place where Jesus is."
Ack! Gobbledygook.

No comments: