Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Praying for Philip

~Dear friends, would you pray for our friend Philip who goes in for a biopsy today? It is a very delicate surgery since the tumor is wrapped around some vital areas in his brain. He is a wonderful and holy presence in our lives, his joy in the Lord undimmed by dark clouds that loom above him. Here is what he says:
It may be God's Will that I live through this surgery, live many more years, and serve Him as a Catholic priest. It may also be God's Will that I do not wake up from the surgery. If this is the case, I will face God for my judgment after having two months of this illness to repent of my sins, receive the Sacraments, and prepare my soul for this meeting which every person will eventually face. Could I ask for better circumstances?

Our main goal in this life is to know, love, and serve God in this world, die a good death, and spend eternity with Him in heaven. Everything else is temporal and fleeting.
Indeed, for to live is Christ and to die is gain. But please, do pray. Thank you.

Update: 13:21 ET....just to clarify. This is a biopsy to find out the rate of growth of the tumor and to determine the best treatment to arrest the growth. The tumor is inoperable.

3 comments:

DimBulb said...

I'll remember him at my devotions tonight.

Argent said...

Thanks, Dim.

Dan Hunter said...

Remember O most compassionate Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to Thy protection, implred Thy assistance or sought Thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspirded by this confidence I fly unto Thee,O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To Thee I come
Before Thee I kneel,
Sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petions but in Thy mercy hear and answer them.Amen

For Philip Johnson, That our Lady protect him during this operation and if it be Her Holy Sons Will, may he survive to become an "Alter Christus"