Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Breviarium Romanum

For those of you who use iGoogle, blogging friend and fellow Z-chatter, Doug Eller, has created a widget for Breviarium Romanum and the 1962 Missale Romanum.

I've been using both widgets now for the past couple of days. I especially like the Divine Office. Under "Edit settings" I can change to the particular canonical hour's readings with a click. Convenient for when I'm at my desk working and adds a spiritual dimension to my work. It's like stopping for the Angelus wherever you are. Since I work at a parish, we get to hear the Angelus bells throughout the day, the low tolling reminding us of time outside of time.

If you've found saying the Office to be daunting not knowing where to turn in a Breviary, try out the widget and fall in love with the psalms and prayers and hymns.

No comments: