Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Transalpine Redemptorists

Last year, I posted a video of the Transalpine Redemptorists of Papa Stronsay in Scotland. They petitioned the Holy Father to be regularized after Summorum Pontificum and today's news is one for rejoicing. Via Fr. Z.
My dear friends,

I am happy to inform you that last June 18th, before Cardinal Castrillon and the members of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei in Rome, I humbly petitioned the Holy See on my own behalf and on behalf of the monastery council for our priestly suspensions to be lifted.

On June 26th I received word that the Holy See had granted our petition. All canonical censures have been lifted.

Our community now truly rejoices in undisputed and peaceful possession of Communion with the Holy See because our priests are now in canonical good standing.

We are very grateful to our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI for issuing, last July, the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum which called us to come into undisputed and peaceful Communion with him.
More

No comments: