Thursday, June 26, 2008

Struggle

The Pope Quote Generator at Facebook has given me this from Pope Paul VI. I've not mentioned any of the series of crises in my life in the past year on this 'blog. Suffice it to say, the string of events continue and I find myself with each event in a state, first of all, of gratitude for the beauty that is life. And second, of God's Providence in my life, that I and my loved ones remain in the protection of the Lord of Creation. Last night, I ran into a deer with my car. I was unhurt, the deer was unhurt, and the car had no damage. This year has been a daily exercise in yielding to God's will in every little way, my total surrender to his direction. I suppose the series of crises could serve to derail a person's trust or even to plunge them into despair. So I am quite thankful that joy remains, a sense of laughter carries me from one day to the next. It is my firm belief that God, who is the Lord of History, delights in making his provisions clearer, without fail in my life. Who am I to stand in his way?
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."

No comments: