Saturday, June 14, 2008

Shifting winds



Dear Blogging Friends,

Today, the wind shifted so we have a crystal clear day for the first time in a week. I can breathe again. What a simple and glorious thing it is to breathe without coughing! So today, I will be outside with my family enjoying the woods in our backyard, clearing away brush and as I whack them, I shall work away my frustrations. Today's reading from the Office from Ambrose will be my food for thought.

Today, the early morning light filtered through the stained-glass windows at church as we prepared for today's traditional Mass. There was great comfort in meditating on the Holy Sacrifice of the Altar, its efficacy and perpetual gift...praying with the timeless words in the holy language of Mother Church...this epoch, too, will pass. Though we are assailed, Christ is our Victor.

Happy Feast of St. Basil the Great!

*picture of my backyard in the morning light*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Argent,
Where can you go to the TLM on Saturdays in the Diocese?
God bless,

Dan Hunter

Zadok the Roman said...

So today, I will be outside with my family enjoying the woods in our backyard, clearing away brush and as I whack them, I shall work away my frustrations.

Whack them!?! Your family? ;)

Tom in Vegas said...

You have a beautiful backyard, and I'm glad your coughing has subsided.

Without providing any specific or personal details that might compromise your privacy, what state do you write from? I love those trees in your pic!! Beautiful.

Argent said...

Z,

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did whack them. They're shorter now..you'll see soon enough. ;)

Tom,

I don't mind....I'm in the Old North State...the Pine State....or as the old saying goes: the valley between the two conceits. Go NC!