Saturday, May 24, 2008

To show your PODness


A man holds a plastic figure depicting Pope Benedict XVI at the 97th German Katholikentag, or Catholic Church assembly, in Osnabrueck, northern Germany, on Friday, May 23, 2008. The figures are meant to be fixed in the car. The traditional gathering of German Catholics that takes place every two years in different cities is expected to attract some 34,000 people. (AP Photo/Jens Meyer)

I would love to have one of these to hang from my rearview mirror. What's hanging from your rearview mirror? I have a rosary made for me by a Third Order Carmelite that I use to pray while driving long distances. I'm thinking of a way to hang a holy card of Our Lady of Perpetual Help given by Fr. B to mark his ordination. And then there's this tiny Vladimir Madonna icon bought at a gift shop in the Vatican. I'm also looking for a good spray bottle to put holy water in.

1 comment:

Tom in Vegas said...

I'd settle for an icon of Jesus depicting him in a way that somehow elucidates the Mystery that Catholic worship is centered around. Or an icon of a saint/ mystic.

I know. I'm being awfully vague. Perhaps that's why I haven’t found it:0)