Thursday, February 21, 2008

Manga Bible


~Let me admit that since Summorum Pontificum most of my time has been spent either in the organ loft learning music or in the Parish Hall teaching RCIA. So I'm not always up on what the streams of popular culture are. I tend to ignore most of the trends anyway. This morning I ran across the Manga Bible and read that the Archbishop of Canterbury has given "rave review" (according to the Manga website).
"This is an exciting new venture, in completely up-to-the-minute style and speech. It will convey the shock and freshness of the Bible in a unique way."
Check out samples of page spreads.

Sometimes, it's good to be ignorant of these things.

1 comment:

DimBulb said...

Seek not the things that are beneath you. Here is more on this piece of idiocy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/us/10manga.html