Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Honored

~Finally, I have some time to catch up with blogging friends and I find out that I have been honored with the Blog Rating of "Excellent" by our most esteemed North Carolinian Vir Speluncae Catholicus. The Lair has very exacting tastes and so to receive this Excellent rating really does my heart good.

In the words of erstwhile Sally Fields, "You like me!" As an aside she also recently said something totally moonbatty about if mothers ruling the world and having no wars...except hers was more censor-worthy. I say batty because anyone who knows fierce mother cubs would laugh at such a simplistic statement. Doubt me? Go to a local soccer game and stand with the moms. Enough said.

But anyway, back to Excellence, now I am to bestow this award upon ten others.....oh, this is dangerous.

The Divine Lamp (who never sleeps and always manages to find more Catholic books online) and his other blog The Catholic Bookworm.
Roman Catholic Vocations (who has an infectious love for the Church and vocations)
Mission Territory (who bears the distinction of helping Argent stay sane)
Sacramentum Vitae (he's already been bestowed with the Order of the Holy Hand Grenade, so this is probably like getting the Good Housekeeping Seal)
Christus Vincit (we loft dwellers have to flock together...we have a unique view of things from the organ loft, you know...lack of oxygen, what have you)
Rome of the West (who teaches me about the Good, the True, and the Beautiful)
Arrival: The New Parousian Weblog (gives me hope for the future of the Church)
Recta Ratio (who keeps me grounded in Other Time)
Catholic Church Conservation (who has more fortitude than anyone I know in chronicling those wacky ecclesiastics)
Midwest Conservative Journal (whose biting analysis cuts through the Episcopalian haze, aka Anglican Fudge...not so tasty, and breaks your teeth)

All of this really is a preview of the Catholic Blog Awards coming up soon.
Nominations for the 2008 Catholic Blog Awards will open this year at 12:00 Noon CST on Friday, February 15, 2008 and close on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 12:00 Noon CST. Voting will begin on Monday, March 3, 2008 at 12:00 Noon CST and end on Monday, March 17, 2008 at Noon
All in good fun, okay?

UPDATE: 17:10 PM EST

It seems the award has been revoked. Ah, well. C'est la vie. The Lair giveth and the Lair taketh. God bless the Lair. As my pastor likes to remind me, "Sit lightly on things and accomplishments. God gives them as vehicles for our good and our salvation but not for our self-worship." Y'all, move along. Nothing here to see. LOL!

UPDATE 10:00 AM EST 6 Feb, 2008

Ah, well, it's been re-instated by Christus Vincit. Thanks, Bri! I feel a bit like As the Blog Churns.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

You deserve all the awards and thanks you get.

You are wonderful.

The Lair said...

Dear Argent,

We regret to inform you that we are revoking your Excellent Award in virtue of your nominating dim bulb (twice!). Had we known you harbored such low taste in blogs we would have never given you the nod.

Sincerely,

The Lair said...

Oops! we're so upset we forgot to sign our last comment.

Sincerely,
The Lair

Dim Bulb said...

Thanks, Argent!

Am I suppose to name ten blogs?

dim bulb said...

Gee, Argent, I'm sorry to hear of the revocation. Somehow, I feel kind of responsible.

Umm, this doesn't place my nomination in jeopardy, does it?

Brian Michael Page said...

That's ok Argent. I gave you the same award last week.

http://christusvincit.blogspot.com/2008/02/christus-vincit-excellent-blog.html

Thanks for nominating me. :)
BMP

Mark Scott Abeln said...

Thank you!