Yes, that's the name of a new documentary movie about campus PC, and here's an example of it in Delaware, as reported by the Philadelphia Inquirer. At the end, they give the following example of what's been going on, something that not all students and faculty are happy about:I don't think I'd fare very well in today's diversity-laden university culture.
One-on-One Sample Questions
The University of Delaware's student diversity training required freshmen to meet one on one with dorm resident advisers to answer these questions and others. The university says the program was voluntary, but students in some dorms were told it was mandatory.
- When were you first made aware of your race?
- When did you discover your sexual identity?
- Who taught you a lesson in regard to some sort of diversity awareness? What was that lesson?
- When was a time when you confronted someone regarding an issue of diversity? What was the confrontation about? If haven't, why not?
- When was a time you felt oppressed? Who was oppressing you? How did you feel?
- Can you think of a time when someone was offended by what you said? How did that make you feel? How do you think it made them feel? How did his/her behavior change toward you?
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
~from Mere Comments...diversity stalks....