Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How to get a stupid song out of your head

...this one song that was sung as a choir anthem (not worthy of this designation whatsoever) for Saturday's Vigil Mass. It had been relentlessly resounding in my head. The more that I fought to erase it from my mind, the more intractably the song was replayed in my head. The song? Open The Eyes of My Heart, Lord. It is vapid, shallow, and repetitious. If you want to see the Lord 'lifted up', pay attention to the Mass. When we come to the Elevation, bow and say, "My Lord and my God". Or come to Eucharistic Adoration.

Anyway, I tried playing through my CD library of Masses and still the song kept coming back. Yes, I admit to being grumpy for the last few days.

But, thanks be to God, Jeffrey posted this at TNLM. Now I'm happily chanting it. Mode V is so easy to chant, even with English text.

No comments: