Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Other Side of the World

~I just got an e-mail from a friend in County Kerry, Ireland who reports that they've hardly had summer there. Checking with Weather Underground:


Click for Valentia Observatory, Ireland Forecast



60! That's winter weather here, LOL!

Meanwhile, it's 100 degrees in the coastal plain. It was 78 degrees at 5:45 AM with humidity around 80% and I was drenched in perspiration by the first mile of my walk. Time to make more gelato. The first batch from last night disappeared as soon as it was done freezing.

UPDATE 18:45: My friend replied to say that it was actually a fine day today. Dublin had received continuous rain from 11 June to 29 July which is a record.


1 comment:

The Epiphany Artist said...

97 here in Florida, with a heat index of about 105-- all I had to do to get sweaty --was sit for 5 minutes on my porch !!!! YUCK!