Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I Can Hath Cheezburger

~For a spot of esoteric humor. Edmund reminded me last week to check on Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog. I hadn't visited the site in awhile. Here's the post that had me LOLing. Those of you on WordPress know the strange anomaly I Can Has Cheezburgers:
And yet in this derke tyme of sorwe and tene, ich haue foond much deliit in the merveillous japeries of the internet. No thyng hath plesed me moore, or moore esed myn wery brayne than thes joili and gentil peyntures ycleped “Cat Macroes” or “LOL Cattes .” Thes wondirful peintures aren depicciouns of animals, many of them of gret weight and girth, the which proclayme humorous messages in sum queynte dialect of Englysshe (peraventure from the North?). Many of thes cattes (and squirreles) do desiren to haue a “cheezburger,” or sum tyme thei are in yower sum thinge doinge sum thinge to yt.
Here's a sample from Mr. Chaucer of one of his pilgrims, The Prioress:

No comments: