Saturday, June 02, 2007

Playing at St. Mary Major

...I was asked to play the organ for this morning's Mass at St. Mary Major for the English-speaking pilgrims attending the Canonization Mass for Blessed Charles Houben. I played sight reading on the spot. Talk about stress! I couldn't allow myself to think...here I am at St. Mary Major, playing the organ with music I'd not seen before and had no time to practice...and it's an Irish Cardinal celebrating and there are hundreds and hundreds of people attending. No, I just had to look at the notes and concentrate on playing.

3 comments:

DimBulb said...

Wow! That's quite an honor. I was once asked to sweep out the choir loft of our church; not quite the same thing, but I did a heck of a job:)

Don Marco, O.Cist. said...

Bravo!

Dust I Am said...

I agree with dimbulb and more; you honored God with playing music on His time--not your own.