Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Chrism Mass

~Bishop Burbidge is celebrating the Chrism Mass today in Raleigh at 2 PM.
Mass of the Chrism
Bishop Burbidge will bless the oils to be used by all diocesan parishes for baptisms, confirmations, ordinations and anointing of the sick for the upcoming year. Two parishioners from each of the 92 parishes and mission churches will be present to accept the oils for their parishes. The Mass, celebrated with the priests of the Diocese, will take place at St. Andrew the Apostle Church in Apex.
So that's where I'll be this afternoon. One of our Elect is going to be receiving the oils with me. She waited almost ten years to complete RCIA...this is a very holy time for her and her family. I have come to love each and every one of the people in my RCIA class this year. They have each blossomed and I will be like a proud mama Saturday night at Easter Vigil. Keep praying for the Elect and Candidates in your parish.

No comments: