Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Agnostics Unite!

~from Agnus Daily

Scholars and students from around the world flocked to the 4th annual “Agnosticism in the West” conference, which was held in Edmonton Canada this year at the Edmonton Convention Center. This meeting of the minds has been widely successful at bringing together those who proudly find themselves aboard the ship of life with no oars, and no destination.

“I’m not sure why I’m here,” explained Doug Prince, a self-proclaimed agnostic, “I mean, I know why I’m at the convention (at least I’m pretty sure I do), but I mean I don’t know why I’m here in this world, but it doesn’t really matter. It’s just great to be around others in my situation.”

Many of the attendees come to the conference in order to find reasons to believe, and discover methods to promote and evangelize the agnostic faith. One of the main draws to the conference is the cast of world renowned agnostic apologists and scholars that deliver exciting and informative talks throughout the convention center.
...

“Our faith is simple, yet complex.” Explains Margaret Johnson, a recent convert to agnosticism, “It’s simple because you can know that you don’t know why you are here on earth and whether there is a God or not, and it’s complex because you don’t for sure that you can know that you don’t know why you are here in this world and if God exists. You know what I mean?”

Read more, if you want to. You don't have to, though. Either way is fine by me.

No comments: