Sunday, October 29, 2006

Prayer in Preparation for Holy Communion



O Lord Jesus Christ, my God, absolve, remit, pardon, and forgive me the sins, offences, and transgressions, which I Your sinful, unprofitable, and unworthy servant, have committed from my youth to this present day and hour, whether in knowledge, or in ignorance, whether of words or deeds, whether in thought or imagination, in my undertakings, or in any of my senses. And by
the intercessions of her who conceived You without seed, the immaculate and ever-virgin Mary, Your Mother, my only unashamed hope, my protection and my salvation, make me worthy to partake without condemnation of Your immaculate, immortal, life-giving, and dread Mysteries, for the forgiveness of sins and to eternal life, to sanctification, enlightenment, strength, healing, and health of both soul and body, and to the blotting out and complete obliteration of my evil thoughts and imaginings and intents, of night fantasies and the evil spirits of darkness; for Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory and the honor and the worship, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, now and ever and forever. Amen.

No comments: